Are you a wannabe blogger? A seasoned pro migrating your blog to WordPress? Looking to do more cool stuff with your existing WordPress blog? Then this fun guide is for you! WordPress for Dummies is a veritable smorgasbord of WordPress information, ideas, tools, resources, and instruction on everything you need to create and maintain your dream blog.
Unlike other blog hosts, WordPress gives you the ability to create a blog that is tailored to your own tastes and needs. Sure, the codes, tags, and terminology can seem a little intimidating at first, but WordPress for Dummies breaks it all down to show you just how intuitive, friendly, and extensible the software really is. This easy-to-follow guide shows you how to:
* Sign up for a free WordPress account
* Set up and use a hosted blog with WordPress.com
* Install and set up the WordPress.Org and WordPress.MU software for single- and multi-user versions
* Find great themes, plugins, and consultants that will help you achieve JUST the kind of blog you want
* Use tags to work with WordPress templates
* Combat challenges with comments, trackback spam, and “splogs”
* Add special technologies to your blog, such as RSS feed, podcasting, vlogging, and photoblogging
* Find online support, tips, and resources for WordPress software
Whether you want to keep family and friends updated on your latest adventures, post pictures of your new puppy, or communicate your passion with millions of readers worldwide, WordPress for Dummies is your passport to creating the kind of blog that will keep your visitors coming back for more!
From the Back Cover
WordPress is powerful software known for helping bloggers share their thoughts online. Whether you want to set up a blog in the WordPress community, add a blog in the WordPress community, add a blog to another site, or build your own blogging community, this book shows how WordPress can help. With this book, you’ll soon be navigating WordPress templates plugins, and themes with no problem.
Discover how to:
* Personalize WordPress settings
* Understand common template tags
* Manage and moderate comments
* Deal with spam and trackback
* Troubleshoot common problems
About the Author:
Lisa Sabin-Wilson: is the founder of E.Webscapes Design Studio, a blog and web site design and development company specializing in premium WordPress themes, made to order to your specifications. She has designed and developed over 1,000 personal and professional WordPress web sites.
Lisa is the For Dummies brand (Wiley Pub) franchise author on all things WordPress; having worked with WordPress since 2003, she has extensive experience and knowledge on the platform and shares it in her several WordPress-related books. She is also a regular public speaker on topics such as: WordPress, blogging, design and social media. Follow Lisa on Twitter here: @LisaSabinWilson